This year the FAIRs Care program raised 57,536 pounds of food for local food pantries! The top five counties that have made the most food contributions and will receive a check for $200 are:
- Cass County 4-H Fair – raised $34,051.30
- Tipton County 4-H Fair – raised $11,669.96
- Miami County 4-H Fair – raised $9,352.00
- Putnam County 4-H Fair – raised $8,205.00
- Wells County 4-H Fair – raised $5,038.30
To calculate these numbers, the Indiana State Fair multiplies the pounds of food collected by $1.67, which is the average cost of a pound of food. Then, any cash donations collected are added
to that total.